The Roeper School is a co-educational independent school serving gifted students in grades Pre-K through twelve. We are seeking two full-time Math Teachers for the Middle and Upper School to join our Birmingham campus faculty for the 2019–2020 school year.
A Roeper math teacher develops curriculum with awareness of state and national standards but with a particular focus on gifted, independent thinkers. Passion for both mathematics and teaching is essential. Candidates must excel in mixed-age classrooms where students are treated with respect and all voices are considered and honored. We are looking for an educator who can teach various levels of mathematics including Advanced Placement. We are also interested in candidates who incorporate aspects of computer programming into their curricula.
- Teach multiple class sections of math to middle and upper school students. Subject areas may include Middle School Math Applications, Geometry, Algebra and Calculus
- Collaborate with other math department faculty in development and documentation of curriculum
- Serve as the Faculty Advisor to a middle or upper school homeroom
- Embrace and implement a multicultural and culturally relevant curriculum, in accordance with Roeper's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Share student progress with parents through communication including conferences and progress reports
- Maintain effective communication with students, parents, teachers, colleagues and administration
- Collaborate with middle and upper school faculty on school wide initiatives and support of education through varied activities including faculty meeting attendance and committee participation
- Provides support to the Math Department and the Middle and Upper School to meet overall mission of The Roeper School
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience teaching math to middle and upper school students
- Knowledge/experience working with gifted learners
- Excellent instructional and communication skills
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively to contribute and reach objectives
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in Education, Math Education or other relevant field is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred. A minimum of three to five years of teaching experience in a secondary school is preferred.
The School seeks faculty and staff who are outstanding educators, teachers and professionals. They are individuals who lead in the classroom and guide our students with respect for the mission and philosophy of the School.
As a non-profit independent school, Roeper offers competitive salary and benefits. The School’s benefits program includes medical, dental, disability, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance; flexible spending account for medical expenses and dependent care; 403(b) Savings and Match Plan and professional development funding.
For more information about The Roeper School, visit our Website:
No phone calls please. The Roeper School is deeply committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, list of three professional references and candidate inquiry answers
Location/Region: Birmingham, MI