Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Based on the nature of work supported, responsible for the training and development for both new and experienced engineering technicians, environmental technicians or exploration team members (referred to as staff below). Additional responsibilities include site safety check-ins and driver safety checks.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Train entry-level staff members in basic field test procedures and in report preparation duties.
- Under the direction of the Department Manager, develop and enhance training materials, procedures and processes.
- Support the hiring process by participating in the evaluation of applicants.
- Assist with initial orientation for new employees including preparation of time sheets and the use of Terracon reporting systems.
- Mentor and support the development of staff.
- Advance the training of experienced staff to achieve the technical knowledge and experience necessary to qualify for additional certifications or further develop advanced skillsets.
- Conduct site safety check-ins and safe driving evaluations.
- Perform field visits to multiple sites to observe staff, review reporting and testing, and verify safe procedures are being used.
- Provide training on safe-right procedures and construction site safety.
- Evaluate employee performance using Terracon’s internal certification process and other methods.
- Train staff to maintain, calibrate and operate field equipment/machinery.
- May perform project management, quality assurance and/or field testing in addition to training responsibilities.
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with materials testing and inspection.
- Experience providing training and development to others preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- ACI Certification in one or more of the following areas:
- Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I
- Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- Certified in radiation safety and Nuclear Density Gauge operation.
- At least 3 additional preferred certifications below.
- Successful completion of related internal safety certifications.
Certification in field of expertise required.
- Asbestos Inspector
- Asbestos Project Monitor
- Asbestos Management Planner
- Asbestos Project Designer
- Lead Risk Assessor
- Lead Project Designer
- Mold Consultant
- Valid Class A commercial driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- DOT Medical Card
- OSHA 40-Hour Course
- CPR/First Aid Trained
- Many states require specific driller/well installation licensure. When applicable, such licensure is required.
- PTI Level 1 or PTI Level II
- NICET Level III certification in Construction Materials Testing in two or more of the following categories or NICET Level IV in at least one of the following categories: Asphalt, Concrete or Soils
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- ICC certification in two or more of the following categories: Reinforced Concrete, Spray-applied Fireproofing, Structural Masonry, Prestressed/Post-Tensioned Concrete, Structural Steel – Bolting, Structural Steel – Welding.
- Other national, regional, state, and local materials related certifications
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
- In-Situ testing methods (i.e. packer testing, pressuremeter testing, vane shear testing, instrumentation installation, etc.)
- Barge drilling experience
- Angle drilling experience
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Round Rock, TX