Express Mart is a leading convenience retailer across New York state owned and operated by Petr-All Petroleum Corporation. Petr-All Petroleum is a wholesale supply and distribution company of gasoline and diesel fuel. Express Mart was created as a way to better service our guests by offering all convenience needs in addition to gasoline. Since 1975 Express Mart has grown to 77 retail outlets and 14 franchise locations with more on the way! Our continued growth has created this opportunity within the corporate office team.
Fuel Administrator - Syracuse, NY
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Position: Full Time, Accounting Dept.
Reports To: Controller
Direct Reports: None
Responsible for administrative functions related to fuel management for both wholesale and retail business segments of business. These duties include administration of our wholesale customer account and management of various fuel-related programs. This position reconciles all fuel bills of lading & deliveries to the invoices according to contract specifications. Includes constant monitoring of store fuel inventory variances to ensure compliance with daily retail needs.
- Manage all fuel related activities; from delivery confirmation to data entry to reconciliation of vendor invoices. Identify and resolve discrepancies resulting from hauler, fuel vendor and/or store reported data to actual control document to ensure accurate processing of delivered cost to internal reports.
- Store fuel inventory management – Daily review of fuel variances to ensure accurate and timely delivery reporting. Identify discrepancies and document findings, communicate to store staff & management to support store’s 10-day review documentation.
- Process all customer invoices & credits. Prepare draft notices in a timely manner according to individual contract terms. Monitor customer aging potential collection issues and/or processing errors.
- Daily fuel rack/cost reporting and analysis. Ensure vendor price changes are updated and communicated in a timely basis. Update vendor cost and retail pricing files as needed for new vendor sources, retail additions and other regulatory changes.
- Credit Card transaction administration - Daily reporting of Credit Card settlements to customers and input into Accounts Receivable.
- Fuel related freight invoices - Review delivery information and related rates, confirm all invoices are billed according to contract specifications.
- Monitor vendor web portals for required changes, communicate urgent notices to respective staff for information/action. Retrieve detail files on a daily basis for data validation tasks.
- Review contractual agreements with vendors and wholesale fuel customers. Monitor monthly & quarterly purchase agreement requirements. Review on a regular basis and communicate contract requirements to respective parties.
- Create and submit internal weekly/monthly fuel activity reports.
- Maintain pump planogram documents in accordance with contracts, legal, and marketing notices. Order signage from vendors when necessary.
- Work with Print Shop to maintain current gas maps for each corporate fuel location.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, beyond basic concepts. Also requires strong administrative, computer, email, and word processing skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of accounts payable such as: invoice coding, general ledger account allocations, current expense vs. prepaid expense concepts, A/P, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work with others at all levels of management.
- Requires ethics and integrity of the highest degree.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, and ability to prioritize duties without assistance
- Basic office skills required: typing, writing, use of standard office equipment (Fax, copier, phone.)
- Physical abilities required: Must be able to see, hear, speak, and use hands to write and type on a computer, talk on a cell phone, and file paperwork.
- Minimum 3 years of accounts payable experience in a high volume environment.
- Minimum 2 year degree in related field.
- Prior experience with Retail Accounting software. PDI/RMS is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Monarch a plus.
- Mostly indoors in environmentally controlled conditions; office setting.
- Typical Monday through Friday schedule, plus additional on-call responsibilities.
- Will require occasional overtime, due to “Fuel Phone” responsibilities.
Express Mart offers 401(k) with excellent match, medical and dental benefits, health savings account, paid vacations, group life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, and opportunity for professional growth. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing and background verification checks as permitted by applicable laws.
Express Mart is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information or other characteristic protected by law.
Those who are interested and meet job requirements, please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
Location/Region: Syracuse, NY