First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
- Maintain system security by adding, deleting, and modifying user security access.
- Technical and implementation focus is on providing standard and customized applications to resolve business issues with security access.
- Identifies business system requirements and related business/application solutions over a complete business process.
- Develops new customizations with design, documentation, testing and training.
- Conducts business process evaluations to gain technical knowledge of business requirements.
- Analyzes and designs access rules for business systems.
- Analyzes segregation of duties and applies principle of least privilege in security role design.
- Participate in audit related activities
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad application and functional expertise.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Works under general direction.
- Mentors and advises less experienced Business Analysts, monitoring project status.
- Uses expertise of other Business Analysts and leverages a wide range of additional resources to explore/implement complex customized applications as a solution.
- May lead an implementation team.
- No supervision of others
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong written and oral communication skills in order to define business and technical parameters and lead team to meet business requirements.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Solid working knowledge of standard features and functions of multiple applications/modules to field, analyze and resolve customer issues/problems.
- Identifies problems, researches alternatives, prepares presentations, drives solutions, tests to confirm, gains consensus, and implements solutions for multiple applications within multiple functions.
- Proficient MS skill set
- Typically requires BS Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 4-8 years of directly related experience
License or Certification
- CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) certification preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Scottsdale, AZ