Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), is an $8.8 billion global manufacturing company, pioneering global ideas for cleaner air, and smoother, quieter and safer transportation. We are one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of Clean Air and Ride Performance products and technology solutions for diversified markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway equipment and the aftermarket.
The Tenneco Napoleon Plant has an immediate opportunity for a talented and highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer to oversee, procure, launch, debug and service tooling, machines and fixtures required to support new launches, process improvement and cost reduction programs.
Essential Duties Include:
• Design and specify tools and capital machinery; obtain approval for funds disbursement; control construction quality and timing; and assist in installation and start-up at the plant.
• Assist in maintaining plant productivity, quality and profitability by resolving process deficiencies and/or by suggesting process improvement.
• Troubleshoot the operation of tools, fixtures and machines as requested to correct or improve their operation.
• Improve existing GMAW welding equipment, develop new welding equipment, develop new welding methods, techniques, and procedures, and modify current welding methods, techniques and procedures.
• Implement cost reduction proposals and follow-up to insure success in achieving project goals
• Good project management, negotiation, problem-solving and computer skills
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively even when relating complex information; promotes a free flow of information through the organization; listens actively; tailors message to audience.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or similar technical field of study) or equivalent industrial experience
• Experience in automotive manufacturing, fabrication, and assembly processes preferred
• Experience with CAD design and computer programs
Facility Engineer/Maintenance Manager
The Tenneco Napoleon Plant has an immediate opportunity in a key leadership role within the facility. The Facility Engineer is responsible for managing the maintenance department and maintaining plant equipment, infrastructure, building and grounds.
Essential Duties Include:
• Maintain all electrical switch gear and power transmission systems, boilers, air compressors, HVAC, cooling towers, sprinkler systems, and wastewater treatment facility
• Direct and manage skilled trades on plant maintenance (TPM), equipment relocations, rebuilds and equipment upgrades.
• Assist in locating, trouble shooting and repairing breakdowns and problems with machinery and building facilities and complete required documentation
• Work with EH&S team to ensure OEPA, OSHA & Tenneco standards are met
• Maintain plant safety, housekeeping and organization to high standards
• Prepare and present management reports and analyze maintenance department and equipment performance
• Technical Degree preferred. 10 yrs. experience and/or combination of related military service will be considered.
• Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair skills with training and experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of steel fabrications, welding and robotics
• Experience with the operations, troubleshooting, maintenance and rebuilding of mechanical power presses, including control systems, lubrication and safety devices.
• Ability to read and follow blueprints, schematics and other technical documentation
• Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations in working with industrial maintenance and electricity, including boilers, confined spaces, hot work permits and contractor safety compliance
• Ability to lead FM Global facility audit, fire protection, OSHA and OEPA inspections, and facilitate the compliance and renewal of required permits for the same
• Work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment, communicate effectively and maintain a positive and professional demeanor towards co-workers, contractors, customers and suppliers, and be able to work well on own with minimal direct supervision while following overall directives and goals given
Environmental, Health And Safety (EHS) Manager
The Tenneco Napoleon Plant has an immediate opportunity for a talented and highly motivated EH&S Manager. This individual will manage the team responsible for environmental, health, and safety leadership for the site.
Essential Duties Include:
• Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and division EHS strategic initiatives.
• Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks. • Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
• Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
• Works to assign EHS element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the EHS elements.
• Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
• Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
• Supporting Workers Compensation investigations in coordination with site HR.
• Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
• Four (4) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent. Advanced degree desired.
• 7-10 years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
• Professional certification (recommended) (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available).
Interested candidates can learn more about these positions online at: www.tenneco.com/careers/current_opportunities
Location/Region: Napoleon, OH (US - 43545)