Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), is an $8.8 billion global manufacturing company, pioneering global ideas for cleaner air, and smoother, quieter and safer transportation. We are one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of Clean Air and Ride Performance products and technology solutions for diversified markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway equipment and the aftermarket.
The Tenneco Napoleon Plant has an immediate opportunity for a talented and highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer to oversee, procure, launch, debug and service tooling, machines and fixtures required to support new launches, process improvement and cost reduction programs.
Essential Duties Include:
• Design and specify tools and capital machinery; obtain approval for funds disbursement; control construction quality and timing; and assist in installation and start-up at the plant.
• Assist in maintaining plant productivity, quality and profitability by resolving process deficiencies and/or by suggesting process improvement.
• Troubleshoot the operation of tools, fixtures and machines as requested to correct or improve their operation.
• Improve existing GMAW welding equipment, develop new welding equipment, develop new welding methods, techniques, and procedures, and modify current welding methods, techniques and procedures.
• Implement cost reduction proposals and follow-up to insure success in achieving project goals
• Good project management, negotiation, problem-solving and computer skills
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively even when relating complex information; promotes a free flow of information through the organization; listens actively; tailors message to audience.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or similar technical field of study) or equivalent industrial experience
• Experience in automotive manufacturing, fabrication, and assembly processes preferred
• Experience with CAD design and computer programs
Interested candidates can learn more about these positions online at: www.tenneco.com/careers/current_opportunities
Location/Region: Napoleon, OH (US - 43545)