Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), is an $8.8 billion global manufacturing company, pioneering global ideas for cleaner air, and smoother, quieter and safer transportation. We are one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of Clean Air and Ride Performance products and technology solutions for diversified markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway equipment and the aftermarket.
Facility Engineer/Maintenance Manager
The Tenneco Napoleon Plant has an immediate opportunity in a key leadership role within the facility. The Facility Engineer is responsible for managing the maintenance department and maintaining plant equipment, infrastructure, building and grounds.
Essential Duties Include:
• Maintain all electrical switch gear and power transmission systems, boilers, air compressors, HVAC, cooling towers, sprinkler systems, and wastewater treatment facility
• Direct and manage skilled trades on plant maintenance (TPM), equipment relocations, rebuilds and equipment upgrades.
• Assist in locating, trouble shooting and repairing breakdowns and problems with machinery and building facilities and complete required documentation
• Work with EH&S team to ensure OEPA, OSHA & Tenneco standards are met
• Maintain plant safety, housekeeping and organization to high standards
• Prepare and present management reports and analyze maintenance department and equipment performance
• Technical Degree preferred. 10 yrs. experience and/or combination of related military service will be considered.
• Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair skills with training and experience in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of steel fabrications, welding and robotics
• Experience with the operations, troubleshooting, maintenance and rebuilding of mechanical power presses, including control systems, lubrication and safety devices.
• Ability to read and follow blueprints, schematics and other technical documentation
• Knowledge of safety procedures and regulations in working with industrial maintenance and electricity, including boilers, confined spaces, hot work permits and contractor safety compliance
• Ability to lead FM Global facility audit, fire protection, OSHA and OEPA inspections, and facilitate the compliance and renewal of required permits for the same
• Work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment, communicate effectively and maintain a positive and professional demeanor towards co-workers, contractors, customers and suppliers, and be able to work well on own with minimal direct supervision while following overall directives and goals given
Interested candidates can learn more about this position online at: www.tenneco.com/careers/current_opportunities
Location/Region: Napoleon, OH (US - 43545)