Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), is an $8.8 billion global manufacturing company, pioneering global ideas for cleaner air, and smoother, quieter and safer transportation. We are one of the world’s leading designers, manufacturers and distributors of Clean Air and Ride Performance products and technology solutions for diversified markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway equipment and the aftermarket.
Environmental, Health And Safety (EHS) Manager
The Tenneco Napoleon Plant has an immediate opportunity for a talented and highly motivated EH&S Manager. This individual will manage the team responsible for environmental, health, and safety leadership for the site.
Essential Duties Include:
• Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and division EHS strategic initiatives.
• Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
• Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
• Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
• Works to assign EHS element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the EHS elements.
• Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
• Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
• Supporting Workers Compensation investigations in coordination with site HR.
• Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
• Four (4) year degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent. Advanced degree desired.
• 7-10 years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
• Professional certification (recommended) (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available).
Interested candidates can learn more about this position online at: www.tenneco.com/careers/current_opportunities
Location/Region: Napoleon, OH (US - 43545)