First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
First American is hiring a Senior Microsoft SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) Engineer responsible for assisting with the design, architecture, deployment, support and operations of Microsoft’s SCCM suite. In addition the engineer will be part of the Enterprise Infrastructure team and responsible for the management of Windows servers and desktops to include OS deployments, patch management, software distribution, reporting and automation.
- Assist with the design and configuration of an enterprise level SCCM implementation that will manage all desktops and servers in our corporate environment.
- Diagnose and remediate issues with SCCM infrastructure or clients.
- Create and maintain software deployment packages and tasks in within SCCM.
- Deploy Microsoft patches to Windows systems using SCCM.
- Assist with the design of automated OS deployments. This will include the configuration of the OS as well as the delivery mechanism.
- Identify processes that are currently being done manually, or inefficiently, and find ways to automate via SCCM, PowerShell, etc.
- Work with IT support staff and end-users to troubleshoot and resolve configuration issues.
- Create and manage reports in SCCM and other systems.
- Create and maintain technical documentation to including technical configuration docs and knowledge base (KB) articles.
8 years of IT experience and minimum 5 years of experience with SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager)
3 years SCCM design, deployment and support experience
Strong understanding of multiple technologies including but not limited to: MS server and desktop OS, Active Directory, SQL, networking, security
Experience in architecting, implementing and maintaining SCCM in a large enterprise environment
Experience in application packaging and update deployments
Experience in patch management including reporting.
Experience in scripting with PowerShell
Have the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
Be a motivated self-started who can work independently on tasks and projects
Be available for limited on-call duties requiring after-hours work
- Generally requires BS Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft certifications preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Ana, CA