Department: Office of Subsidiary Services and Support
Job Title: Head Network Architect Engineer
Supervision Received: Senior Manager- Josh Snow
Supervision Exercised: Functions related to Telecommunications Network Engineer as directed by manager.
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform detailed equipment engineering for network augments. This includes developing all of the specifications required for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, issuing purchase orders, creating applicable diagrams/ drawings, and ensuring vendor delivery.
• Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
• Develop Bill of Material and place orders for network equipment, rack, and hardware requirements.
• Define cable requirements, create cable running lists, and order all cables.
• Order all spares required based on sparing plan or directed by capacity management.
• Manage, input, and update central Network Inventory Database (i.e. ICON, Nautilus, CoFEE) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
• Manage engineering documentation both internally and customer-facing.
• Write detailed Methods of Procedure (MOPs) for implementation and maintenance activities.
• Provide timely status reporting, time tracking and accurate data reporting.
• Take ownership, follow plans and execute deliveries of project solutions to meet project commitments especially on technical solution and delivery quality of the project.
• Analyze the operation performance of the network elements and compare to expected results. Publish failure analysis and make sparing recommendations.
• Provision and install all transport related devices from CPE to Core components.
• Demonstrate technical skills in telecommunication networks with focus in the fiber optic communications transport technologies and its applications. Have understanding of optical test equipment usage, optical test application and optical measurement principles.
• Provide support to network integration and engineering services on optical communications engineering transport solutions for a variety of telecommunication customers.
• Plan and exercise network upgrade on production environment.
• Ensure requirements outlined in the product and project specifications are thoroughly engineered and tested for customer projects.
• Responsible for systems management, developing systems and upgrades, ensuring technology systems provide on-going support, managing and recommending network and system support.
• Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
• Monitor and analyze network performance across the organization’s LANs, WANs, VOIP and wireless deployments.
• Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan.
• Maintains network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure maximum availability to system users.
• Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
• Provide Technical support and guidance to junior engineers, surveillance engineers and Field Operations. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
• Provide technical assistance to personnel engaged in operation and maintenance of microwave systems.
• Assist with the maintenance of all systems and associated support functions.
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Monitor and maintain current network infrastructure.
• Project work, both as part of a team or a team lead, working with other technical sections in support of projects and initiatives.
• Produce clear and concise technical documentation.
• Position may require travel.
• Minimum of 7-10 years routing and switching experience.
• Solid understanding of routing protocols, including, EIGRP, BGP, ISIS and OSPF.
• Experience with Cisco data networking technologies and products.
• Good knowledge and command of Cisco CLI.
• Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls, VPN’s, and general network-based security services.
• Should have experience managing firewalls, VPN’s and routers
• Troubleshoot Optical Network issues OC3 to OC192, CWDM, DWDM, 10G LANPHY and Gig-E Ethernet.
• Worked with CLECS and other carriers or service providers in isolating equipment and fiber line faults.
• Familiar with Genband, Calix, Nokia CNB & Nokia Core plus.
• Experience in directing the administration, maintenance, development and implementation of policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the company databases and quality assurance for disaster recovery.
• Experience in providing technical support and guidance to users, as well as experience with supporting customer service and end users on a variety of technical issues.
• Must be available during non-standard working hours for deployments, repairs, and maintenance.
• Ability to troubleshoot network utilizing the appropriate test set(s); i.e. OTDR, power meter, JDSU, EXFO.
• Documented experience of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer system/network engineering.
• Experience with engineering data center and IP backbone networks in a multi-vendor, multiprotocol environment, including networks based on T1, DS3, Fiber/Optical, DSL, BGP, OSPF, Spanning-Tree, VPC, VRFs, Ethernet, ATM, , and Ethernet over Copper core, distribution, and access media.
• Experience with routers, switches and firewalls.
• Extensive knowledge of TCP /IP.
• Experience with configuring and supporting Cisco switches.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, networking, computer, telecommunications or equivalent job-related experience, 7+ year’s progressive, technical experience required.
• Masters in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and experience is preferred.
Training and Experience:
• Network Engineer: 7-10 years of experience in related field.
• Strong foundation in high-speed circuit design, simulation, and verification.
• Laboratory experience with high-speed test equipment.
• Multi-disciplinary background with a demonstrated record of innovation.
• Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
• Must be able to pass background check and receive a gaming license from the Chickasaw Nation office of the Gaming Commission as required to work in gaming operations.
• Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative result.
• Must be able to be insured and drive a tribal vehicle, if necessary.
Location/Region: Ada, Oklahoma