Provides support for the General Counsel and offers legal advice and related support services generally on a wide variety of legal matters.
1. Drafts, negotiates, and reviews contracts related to multiple aspects of MHS business.
2. Formulates and communicates advice regarding compliance with state and federal statutes and regulations that pertain to healthcare providers, tax-exempt organizations, and governmental entities.
3. Participates in or manages complex strategic transactions in a healthcare environment.
4. Participates in the development and revision of MHS policies and assists with the implementation of MHS vision and strategic objectives in collaboration with department leadership.
5. Participates in or manages dispute resolution and litigation. Provides legal advice and services in connection with decisions affecting MHS. Recommends strategies and effective, efficient solutions.
6. Serves as liaison for legal matters among in-house counsel, executive leadership, management, outside legal counsel and other experts, and governmental/regulatory agencies.Experience
Education: Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Appropriate State Bar licensure.
Complexity of Work: Must have: strong academic credentials and verbal/written communication skills; outstanding interpersonal skills with a strong work ethic and high level of integrity and ethics; detail-orientation with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently; the ability to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action quickly; a skill set that includes the ability to take initiative, manage projects and teams, think critically, and solve problems; substantial experience in preparing, reviewing, and negotiating contracts and other complex legal documents.
Required Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience as an attorney. Healthcare experience desired.Organziational Profile:
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics. The system offers a diversity of opportunities and specialties matched only by our uniquely skilled team of over 10,000 employees. Memorial Healthcare System has developed a strong organizational culture that empowers its workforce and supports a vibrant patient care environment. In fact, MHS was recognized by the Studer Group with a "Fire Starter Award" for extraordinary outcomes in developing a culture of service and operational excellence.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL