Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Responsibilities
1. The role is for a senior lead in the Derivatives Clearing IT team is to participate in the development of new functionality and enhancement of existing functionality.
2. The candidate will primarily focus on the elicitation, specification, and documenting of requirements for handling clients margin movements, MIS reporting for FX and standardization of trade flows
3. The candidate will be required to act as a liaison between all users and stakeholders of different derivatives clearing applications, as required, to facilitate the delivery of identified requirements
4. In addition to the preparation of specification documentation the candidate will be required to develop or assist with the development of quality assurance test cases, preparation of product, feature, and user documentation
5. The candidate will be required to actively participate in various phases of the system development life cycle including: initiation, definition, design, validation, release, and evaluation
6. The candidate will be required to assist with and/or conduct end-user training for all users and stakeholders for development items for which they are responsible Essential Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience with Core Java, Oracle Database.
- Extensive experience in developing standalone multithreaded applications.
- Exposure to JSP's, Servlets, WebLogic/Tomcat.
- Exposure to messaging applications like WebSphere MQ.
- Experience in the various phases of the System Development Life Cycle methodology.
- Experience in system design, development, and implementation.
- Experience with scripting language like Perl.
- Ability to work alone, as a team member, and/or across multiple teams concurrently.
- Experience in Investment Banking.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical and listening skills.
- Experience with Derivatives clearing/settlement processes and applications is a plus Technical Ability Possesses and maintains a high level of technical/professional knowledge and skills to maximize performance.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Jersey City, NJ