The Frederick News-Post has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Manager who can provide leadership and accounting support to an established and innovative media company and a growing commercial printing operation. The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to oversee the organization’s accounting and financial reporting. The candidate will also provide operational support to the publisher to maximize efficiencies throughout the operations. We are looking for a motivated individual that will take ownership of accounting and financial reporting processes, is self-motivated and very detail oriented, and can lead and develop a quality accounting team.Responsibilities
• Interacts with Executive team to develop and make recommendations to the strategic financial plan. Provides critical financial and operations information to the Executive team.
• Participates in decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
• Participates in and oversees the preparation of financial and operations reports, as well as all general ledger, accounting, billing, inventory, payables and payroll functions.
• Implements corporate policies and procedures and maintains appropriate internal control safeguards.
• Assesses organizational performance against both the annual forecast and company strategy.
• Trains, mentors, supervises and evaluates the accounting department staff while building an effective team dynamic.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality.
• Has experience with Microsoft Dynamics Navision (preferred, but not required) and Microsoft Office Suite software.
• Handles multiple projects simultaneously and meets deadlines.Requirements
• Four Year Degree in Accounting or related field. Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position.
If you are interested, please send your resume, salary requirements and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in care of Geordie Wilson, Publisher. Resumes may also be mailed to: Geordie Wilson, Publisher, Frederick News-Post, 351 Ballenger Center Drive, Frederick MD 21703.
Location/Region: Frederick, MD