Job Description: (Wheaton, IL)
ATD, Inc. seeks VoIP Telecommunications/Phone Technician to become an integral part of our family! You will configure and install voice and data communication systems, as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. We are looking for a person with the desire to enhance their career and become an expert in the telecommunications industry.
About ATD and what we are looking for:
ATD continually focuses on the betterment of the workplace, stressing high moral principles and consistency in character. We believe that working and living by our values is instrumental to our success. We place hard work and commitment above all and are constantly pushing forward in order to meet our clients' highest standards, as well as our own personal goals. ATD's goal is to provide quality service & products which will invest in the future of our clients' success. Our experience and service are second-to-none.
We are in search for a telecommunications technician that will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair, and general supervision of telecommunications equipment, including telephone systems, security cameras, voice mail systems, carrier services, Internet, and wireless systems. We are looking for a technician with 2+ years' experience in running cable, working with analog phone lines, introduction into telephone systems both digital and VoIP along with having a general understanding of networking and networking equipment. This position requires strong communication skills to convey information regarding available products, services, and parts to clients who may not be familiar with telecommunications infrastructure. They must be able to multi-task and deal with problems in a timely manner. Additionally, they must communicate with other departments regarding orders, appointments, equipment delivery, and scheduled repairs. They must have basic computer skills in order to complete work orders and fill out required paperwork upon completion of a job.
Candidates for this job must also prioritize problems as they arise, understand what equipment is needed to perform an installation or repair jobs, and be able to order equipment. Our technicians work in both an office environment responding to requests, and in the field traveling from location to location to provide services. Technicians will report to a supervisor in the same field. The telecommunications technician is required to hold minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications for candidates looking to join our family:
- Ability to learn quickly & grasp new technologies
- Ability to positively interact with others
- Ability to work overtime as required and travel to job and training sites as required.
- Must have ability to analyze, reason, and make decisions.
- Ability to be self-directed motivated and detail oriented.
- Must be extremely reliable and a proven self-starter.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in trouble shooting and restoring operational functionality.
- The potential candidate will need to have a good driving record
- Added consideration for certifications on Mitel IP, Axis Communications & other communication systems.
Telecommunications technician proficient in:
- Install and terminate low voltage cable categories 5E, 6, 6A, single mode and multi-mode fiber. Must know how to properly run cable according code.
- Have a thorough understanding of voice and data equipment (i.e. 110 and 66 blocks, patch panels, jacks, etc.).
- Be able to cross connect lines, extensions, ports and patch through ethernet data circuits.
- Install analog telephone lines, T-1, PRI and data circuits with the proper wiring pinouts to the C.P.E.
- Troubleshoot cable issues, dial tone issues, down or troubled circuits.
- Experience in VoIP and digital phone systems or the desire to excel in this proficiency.
- General understanding of LAN/WAN communications and network hardware such as routers, firewalls, gateways & switches.
- Vision: requires the ability to perceive the nature of objects by the eye.
- Color vision: ability to identify colors.
Prevailing Hourly Wage
Paid Job Training
Two Weeks Paid Vacation (Year One)
23 total paid days off total
Interested applicants can send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location/Region: Wheaton, IL (US - 60187)