Caesars Entertainment Corporation is the world's most geographically diversified casino-entertainment company. Since its beginning in Reno, Nevada, more than 75 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new resorts, expansions and acquisitions, and now operates casinos on four continents. The company's resorts operate primarily under the Harrah's®, Caesars® and Horseshoe® brand names. Caesars also owns the World Series of Poker® and the London Clubs International family of casinos. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its guests through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership. Caesars is committed to environmental sustainability and energy conservation and recognizes the importance of being a responsible steward of the environment.
Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino, where we Inspire Grown-ups to Play!
If you enjoy cooking and have a creative mind, Come join our fun and exciting culinary team!
Cooks are responsible for preparing recipes and food items for service in their respective kitchen.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in high volume food service preferred.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to fulfill the obligations of this position.
Must have knowledge of kitchen sanitation and operation
Must be familiar with general maintenance of kitchen equipment
Must be able to cook using industry and property standard techniques, procedures and equipment.
Must have a solid skill base in all areas of Pantry and Cook operations.
Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team member.
Must present a well-groomed appearance.
Must be able to have a sense of urgency and react to changing business demands.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen
- Must be able to tolerate areas with high or low temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull up to 125 pounds in a cart.
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push and pull
- Must be able to operate the following kitchen equipment: stoves, grills, fryers and other utensils when preparing food orders.
- Must be fast and accurate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to tolerate chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing kitchen areas.
Preference is given to Ak-Chin community members and members of other recognized Arizona tribes.
The Company's Alcohol and Drug Policy prohibits use of or being under the influence of marijuana and other illegal substances, regardless of whether an individual meets the criteria of Arizona's medical marijuana law and its enabling regulations.