General Labor 2nd Shift
Are You Chase Brass Material?
Are You Ready To Start Chasing Your Career Instead Of Just Looking For A Job?
Chase Brass and Copper Company, a leading producer of brass rod in North America, is currently looking for highly motivated individuals to join our world class organization. For more than 50 years we have succeeded by placing specific emphasis on the quality of our product and prompt reliable service to our customers, and that can’t be done without our team of dedicated and talented employees.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance, 401k, Tuition Reimbursement, and annual bonus potential.
Starting rate on 2nd shift is $14.25/hr
This position is a union position; hired individuals will become part of the United Steel Workers Local 7248 after the 31st work day.
The Essential Functions of a General Laborer include:
• General housekeeping tasks
• Chopping/handling solid scrap
• Occasionally operating a fork lift to transport oil and trash to designated locations.
• Moving scrap to and from various locations.
• Maintaining equipment and ensures work area is kept in a clean and orderly condition.
• Other duties as assigned - will be moved and trained in various areas of the mill and may bid on posted jobs.
• High School diploma or GED
• At least 1 year of previous related experience preferred. Tools and Equipment Used in this Position:
• Simple hand tools, shovels, broom, carts, breaker, mobile equipment, forklift
• Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds repetitively and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to walk and climb stairs; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist, stoop, or crawl; push and pull; talk and hear.
• Must wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, protective clothing, hard hats, and respiratory protection such as respirators.
Chase Brass and Copper Company, LLC
Start Chasing Your Career … Apply at
www.chasebrass.com/careers to join our team today!
Chase Brass is a tobacco free facility. Tobacco users need not apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Montpelier, OH (US - 43543)