Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Systems Manager San Francisco, CA
We connect consumers to their money - through leading-edge mobile banking, payments and commerce solutions. We're the mobile development engine of FIS - the largest, Fortune 500, global FinTech company - powering over 1,400 banking apps and 30 million mobile users. Our solution is branded by our customers - banks and retailers - so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a banking app, you're most likely using FIS Mobile software.
Join us in setting the standard in mobile financial services!
The Systems Manager must have a keen understanding of the technological and organizational needs of the company. They are frequently charged with researching and implementing ways that technology and network-based systems can increase company organization and productivity. They must also stay up-to-date with current and emerging technology and computing trends. The day-to-day duties of the manager include the top-level planning and coordination of:
•Hardware and software installation and upgrades
•Creation and maintenance of the tools and infrastructure that deliver our software/SDLC
•Implementation and programming of computer networks and software
•Development of private intranet and public Internet sites
•Personnel equipment requirements
•Compliance and security General Responsibilities
- Highly experienced professional with broad experience and unique knowledge.
- Able to act independently to resolve highly complex problems. Is regarded as a leader and expert in their field. May coordinate and guide the work of others.
- Provides technical support activities for a production processing environment.
- Installs, maintains and supports operating system and/or its components and subsystems.
- Analyzes and resolves problems related to failures in operating system and ancillary software components.
- Provides technical assistance to programming staff in analyzing application software amends, performance and resource consumption.
- Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of software.
- 24x7 support for operating systems and ancillary software.
- Educates internal users on software capabilities and use.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Expert professional role having broad expertise or unique knowledge. Uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. Works independently on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups. Expected to be primary mentor for others on staff and is a role model for rest of team. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates as a senior member in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to the most highly visible, sensitive and critical systems. Typically requires ten plus years programming experience in a technical environment. What we can offer you
- Industry competitive salary
- Excellent work-life balance
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future
- Share in FIS' financial success with our ESPP
- Mentoring by smart, passionate managers - we promote career development and growth
- Free Thursday lunches and an endless snack and drink supply
- Great locations (SF, Larkspur and Petaluma) proximity to public transportation
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: San Francisco, CA